Bagborough House stands next to Saint Pancras Church, above the village of
West Bagborough, on the Quantock Hills in Somerset.
Englands first designated 'area of outstanding natural beauty'
Built in 1739 by the Popham family and now lived in by Diana and Philip Brooke-Popham it is a beautiful example of a Georgian country house, in a most spectacular setting of rolling park land with distant views.
The house and grounds can be used for wedding receptions and other functions by arrangement with the owners - contact details are at the foot of this page.
For wedding receptions it is usual for a marquee to be erected on the lawn in order that all guests may sit down to the wedding breakfast together. Although large the dining room cannot seat more than seventy-five people!
The Dining and Drawing Rooms, with their ornate plasterwork and the sunny colonnade terrace make a splendid venue for smaller events.
Parking is available behind the house, by the stable yard, so that the fine views may remain uninterrupted during functions.
For further details regarding function bookings
or film work please contact:
Captain P. Brooke-PophamAlex Brooke-Popham
01823 432443 or 07855 84830
Website created, and Maintained by gb42.com E & O E
A spectacular Hindu wedding for 300 people was held in 2007, with separate marquees for the Temple and the Reception
For filming the House, Stables and grounds make an extensive, varied location, last used in 1999 for “Pandaemonium”